How much should a new liner "pull" away from square corners?

flyboy320

Jul 23, 2009
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Had our liner installed today in our IG 12' x 24' rectangle pool. I noticed in the corners (which are 90'), that the liner does not sit flush, but is pulled out a good few inches, more so near the top where it attaches on. Just wondering if this is normal for the liner to be pulled like this? It's kind of hard to explain, but it does feel a bit tight when I push it with my fingers.

it's normal for it not to sit flush, but this is probably the most common point of failure area when it comes to UV damage or just basic age down the road. In other words when we install a liner we pull as much material into the corners as possible to keep them as loose as possible. post a picture and i'll give you an opinion.

It's kinda hard to tell form the picture, but you can see the water line where it curves around the liner. If you could imagine a 1/3 slice of a football sliced end to end, this is about the size of the liner pulling away from the corner. The bottom part of the liner is on a step, about a foot below the water line

The installer has said after the water warms up, it should relax some and conform somewhat more to the corner.

Attachments

• IMGP0819.JPG
    IMGP0819.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 41
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.