Help I have a leak!

Jun 15, 2009
Keller, TX
In the last couple of weeks I have noticed some water forming on the tarp at the side of my pool. At first I just thought it was there from when I cleaned the filter, but it didn't dry up and the pool started losing its level a little more than just normal evaporation. Now the ground is wet and mushy around one side of the pool so I must have a leak somewhere. There is no moisture by the inlet and outlet valves so it must be under the pool. Does anyone know of a trick in being able to find the leak? Even if I drain it I'm not sure how I can find it.

Please help

If it is a soft sided pool, like the Intex pools, check the seams first. Look around the pool in the area where it is soggy. If you can't see anything outside the pool that is leaking inspect the interior of the pool. Check the seams first looking for separations or tears. There is a page about leak detection in Pool School. If you can narrow down the area where you think the leak may be. put on a mask and snorkel and take a bottle of food coloring into the pool with you. Get close to the area where you think the leak is and squirt a few drops of food coloring as close to it as you can. If you see the food coloring get sucked through that is where your leak is. If the food coloring dissipates then there is no leak in that area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.