Nitelighter AGP Light...Which one?

Jul 9, 2009
Tampa, FL
I am looking into getting the Nitelighter AGP light. I have read a few threads on here about it, but have a question that I couldn't find an answer to. Which wattage model should I get? Is the 50 watt model enough to illuminate a 24' round pool or do I need the 100 watt model? I am looking to get the one with the white light and the colored lenses. I want the light to be sufficient enough to reach all the way around the pool, but I don't want to have to wear sunglasses while swimming at night either. I also want the right "mood" in the pool at night, if you catch my drift.... :wink:

for the Nitelighter, I'd prolly go with the 100W, and the blue lense for that "mood" lighting.

I've had the white Nitelighter and at the moment have the colored one, and FWIW, neither has really impressed me. I'm seriously thinking of going with a color-LED Aqualuminator or something along those lines, or possibly a fiber optic lighting system (currently a member on here is asking about a fiber optic system). Why I'm looking at lights I don't know - we've yet to swim at night in the 4 or 5 years we've owned the pool. :hammer:

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at the fiber kits and they are out of my price range.
If I may ask, why are you not impressed with the Nitelighter? Do you have the 50 or 100 watt? Does it light your pool up?

I had the 100W white Nitelighter, and currently have the 100W color-changing version. Both of them didn't really light up the pool as I had expected, and the color-changing one's colors are not that vibrant. Here are some pics of my 24' AGP with the color-changing model:

niteliter8.jpg

niteliter7.jpg

niteliter6.jpg

niteliter5.jpg

niteliter4.jpg

niteliter3.jpg

niteliter2.jpg

niteliter1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.