New pebble calcium reading 1000

Sep 9, 2009
My new pool was pebble plastered 4 weeks ago, but not acid washed before filling. The pool builder added some acid after it was filled and told me to brush it. I have had no instruction since then and I'm getting worried that I should be doing something. I bought a test kit and PH is 6.2; TA is 0; chlorine is 0 (never had any); calcium is 1000. I am running a Pentair 4x160 pump on speed 2 with a Pentair 520 cartridge filter in a 12,000 gallon freeform pool. What should I be doing besides brushing?

Hi, Samantha,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

What should I be doing besides brushing?
You should be calling your pool builder every hour until he gets you straightened out on a path to care for your pool. You cannot continue to let your pool go and it is his responsibilty to bring you up to speed on how to cure that finish and care for your pool water chemistry.

Meanwhile, I suggest you read all the basic articles in Pool School to get a good grasp on pool water chemistry and what those test results mean.

Pool builder says over the phone it's fine. But he doesn't test the water, add chemicals, or anything. I have just started reading about chemicals, startup, pool school, etc. and now I'm afraid my pebble finish has been ruined from neglect and faulty chemistry! Is this possible? Am I going to have to replaster and start over? Thanks for your help!

What does your contract with the PB specify for this situation? It should clearly state which party is responsible for balancing the water and the new-plaster startup.

Is your fill water from your hose? Where are you located, is the water naturally that high in CH?

What test kit did you use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.