I’m scheduled to have my liner replaced in the next couple of weeks and have some items that I would like feedback on…….
1) Pool was installed in 2000 with “anti-vortex” main drain. PB/Installer recommended a safety upgrade during liner replacement that splits single main drain with T so that you have 2 inlets. I’m not familiar with this retrofit. Is this worth it?
2) Original builder screwed up 2nd skimmer in shallow which leaked after first few days of opening. My stamped concrete deck was pristine at the time and I did not want to bust up the concrete. (about 4 feet wide around skimmer side) We negotiated a monetary settlement and he disabled that skimmer. They capped line and plugged inside of skimmer. One skimmer has been sufficient so far. Is 2nd skimmer overkill on this size pool? I’m having second thoughts about not repairing. Installer suggested fabricating false panel on wall and get rid of skimmer.
3) My stamped concrete (round slate rock type pattern) is worn and original stain is chipped pretty bad in several places. The color was also too dark for my personal preference. I noticed from searching other posts that someone recommended Olympic Patio tone for a good non slip deck coating. Anyone ever used this on their stamped concrete? I also want to change the color. The wife likes a tan color, not sure how that would look with the rock pattern. Grey may look more authentic. I am gonna try and get a sample and do a test.
4) I have a few cracks and I need to seal expansion joints on my decking. I would like to seal these before I paint. Which caulk/sealant should I use? Would it be paintable? Or should I use something like hydraulic cement to fill the cracks?
5) Anything else I should do while the liner is out?
Thanks in advance! TFP.com has been great help so far.
18,000 gl Heldor Steel Wall Vinyl Kidney 8 ft with Diving Board
fiberglass steps, 1 main drain, 1 working skimmer, 3 returns
6 Fafco roof mounted solar panels