TF100 kit questions

Sep 1, 2009
Prairieville, LA
I recently got and have been using my TF100 kit and its great! But while in the process of shocking/testing I've used up all my R-870 powder. I'm using one heaping scoop everytime I test while shocking/testing. No problems at all with the kit but is there something I can buy locally while I place/wait on my order from tftestkits.net? Also, when I'm done with shocking and am able to hold FC overnight, I guess I should be using the ph/OTO kit daily, but how can I read up to a 7 at my current 60 CYA level, can I dilute the sample?
Thanks
Jim

Hi, Jim,

It's pretty unusual to run out of the powder first. Are you using the little rounded end and not the wide, flat end of the blue spoon?

The idea is to use just enough to turn the soltuion pink....you may be able to get by with less.....just so it colors the solution.

As for refills. I use Taylor chemistry and it's quite probable you can find that locally at a pool store. It's R-0870....the same number as on the bottle.

2 work days to ship it to you from NC.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.