Central Texas- Enclosure winter use

marthas_ear

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Texas (Central)
I can't give up the pool! I can't close it!
Besides the fact it is medically necessary, I am emotionally attached to it.
So....I am likely to get propane heater...and the roller for the bubblewrap cover...but isn't there anything out there to use in winter so the pool is covered while you swim?
I have seen the Aquashield-
What about an inflatable sort of nylon shell?

Yes, I could----but have any TFP people tried this?
Am thinking maybe not so TF....

I found Ameri-dome @ $2500 (like the link posted)- requiring anchors every 3 ft in my nice Kooldec decking....not willing to drill that many holes for anchors...
I found this intriguing product in Europe---Pooligloo- around $2000 without shipping....tent-like structure--seems like no drilling required - that seems just the ticket- a canvas product.

Would really like to see if anyone has actually been in one, bought one, seen one... :)

Surely some on in the Southwest has hit upon the perfect solution...???
My perfect design would be parachute- weight nylon...inflatable with a shop fan...that when not in use floats ontop of water surface. Anchor system would not require drilling anchor holes every 3 ft....maybe a removable base system to anchor the nylon on...since it would deflate when not in use, strong anchor points not as necessary...The roof would have some sort of thermal backing to retain heat.
When I want to use, I flip fan on- the parachute inflates and I step inside to 88 degree water.
Now doesn't that sound trouble free?
Is it just me, or is something that could work in SW winters?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.