Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I leave my Navigator in the pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I leave my Navigator in the pool?

I was wondering - can I leave my navigator pool cleaner in the pool all the time while we're not swimming? Other than wear and tear what is the downside of doing that?
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

2. Back To Top    #2

I was wondering that for my kreepykrawly too. Can I leave it in there, even when its not running. Any parts that will get corroded, I'm thinking it looks all plastic to me.

3. Back To Top    #3

Most people out here do.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    My KreepyKrawly lives in the pool. Even when I'm swimming, I just tuck it and the vacuum hose behind the pool ladder.

Only time it comes out is when we have guests over. Makes things much easier.

The extra time in the water is probably degrading the plastic a bit faster, but nothing really noticeable. It will probably look "bleached out" a bit faster as well since its always in the sun, but again, nothing I'm worried about.
    Jim

5. Back To Top    #5

good to know, its a bit of a pain to take the hose up, roll, put away and back into the pool, flood hose etc etc.

6. Back To Top    #6

I used to use a Navigator. Had it in the water for about 5 years straight - year round. Well, except to get the rock out of the impellor occassionally. Had to replace some sections of the hoses once in a while. I know people out here that use the Kreepy Krawly ones do the same thing.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.