New Pool - Austin, TX - Build

Hello all - has been slow going - last weeks things finally picked up - tiling and coping has been done - deck has been done - equipment has been laid out on equipment pad - yesterday the spray deck people came and did the texture - now its stalled due to rains - any feedback will be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2492.jpg
    IMG_2492.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2480.jpg
    IMG_2480.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 286
Waiting on plaster - but due to the weather we are still waiting on a date - I have been finding some white streaks on the glass tile in quite a few places - in addition to that on the pool floor there is a white residue - any thoughts what it can be? (can it be coming from the white travertine/marble coping)

Attached pics:

Attachments

• IMG_2548.jpg
    IMG_2548.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 226
Thanks Kim - I emailed my PB and sent him the same pics - his response - "Yes - It is calcium dust - It is everywhere - Not at all worried about it - When it is plastered this will no longer be an issue "

I really hope this not be an issue after it has been plastered and acid washed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When water is added make sure to have something on the end of the hose like a sock to protect that pretty plaster from the metal end and it will help filter the water some as well.

Once the water is started do NOT stop it! If you do it will form a ring around the pool that you cannot remove :( Do not allow the water to run down the plaster. Put the hose in the lowest part of the pool and fill from there.

Kim:kim:

Check your water meter when the pol starts to fill and then again when done. This will give you a close approximation of pool gallons of water. Just keep other water usage to a minimum. Start your water fill based on your schedule so you can fill it up worry free.

Acid Wash done - told the guys who came to do the acid wash to call me before they started filling pool - they just rang the door bell before they left saying they started the pool fill (was on a conference call for work) - ran and got the water meter reading - and then went to the pool - they had not tied a rag to the end of the hose and had left it in the deep end - I walked bare feet and tied a rag - should I pull the hose the shallow end or leave as is?

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 151
From Kim...

Keep it in the deep end!! You don't want water streaming down as it will create marks on the edge where it dries.

And don't stop filling it for anything until it's full (middle of the skimmer) or else you will get a ring at the stopping point.

While the water is filling (have only one hose -it seems real slow) - noticed a white patch close to the drain - is this normal? Sent the pic to the pool supervisor - he says its "a little discoloration and will blend in"

Attachments

• IMG_2593.jpg
    IMG_2593.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 145
Thanks B! Yes leave it in the deep end as that is the lowest part of the pool so not water flowing down that pretty new plaster.

It is very normal to have some varied colors in the plaster. Keep an eye on it and make sure to give it some extra love with the brush. Your PB will want you to wait wait 30 before talking about the plaster as it will change some as it cures. IF after 30 days you still have some concerns then share them with us and we will be able to let you know what to expect.

Kim:kim:

Whatever you do DONT go to sleep with the water running...JUST KIDDING...dont be afraid to sleep that pool will still be filling up this time tomorrow :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.