So many things wrong with this

One of the psychological phenomena associated with front-yard pools with no rotational deviance from front-yard dead-center with respect to the center-line of the house is the disappointment of having a completely clear pool at season opening. One secretly wishes that once the cover is removed you are greeted with at least the chance of a lawn of potential bioenergy with which to do battle. This lack of fight becomes wearisome as year after year the cover is removed, and you are the Knight Templar armed and ready to slay the green beast. We cannot market a perfectly placed front-yard pool.

I do think Saturn secretly misses the algae, and I am sure we could supply a quart of algae-up, $59.99 plus S&H, that is if Leslie's do not already stock it? One quart will not be enough for this pool (1 qt: 1 to 15000 gallon pool; 2 qt: 15000 to "all of the earths oceans" gallon pool). The algae will need to be fed, so 1 lb Tuna Shock per oz. Algae-Up (at $9.99/lb); 1 x school Bonsai Piranha to consume unused Tuna Shock ($179); 1 x Decoy Swimmer to attract and disable piranha (gasoline single use: $69.99; tesla coil rechargeable: $289.99).

One of the psychological phenomena associated with front-yard pools with no rotational deviance from front-yard dead-center with respect to the center-line of the house is the disappointment of having a completely clear pool at season opening. One secretly wishes that once the cover is removed you are greeted with at least the chance of a lawn of potential bioenergy with which to do battle. This lack of fight becomes wearisome as year after year the cover is removed, and you are the Knight Templar armed and ready to slay the green beast. We cannot market a perfectly placed front-yard pool.

I do think Saturn secretly misses the algae, and I am sure we could supply a quart of algae-up, $59.99 plus S&H, that is if Leslie's do not already stock it? One quart will not be enough for this pool (1 qt: 1 to 15000 gallon pool; 2 qt: 15000 to "all of the earths oceans" gallon pool). The algae will need to be fed, so 1 lb Tuna Shock per oz. Algae-Up (at $9.99/lb); 1 x school Bonsai Piranha to consume unused Tuna Shock ($179); 1 x Decoy Swimmer to attract and disable piranha (gasoline single use: $69.99; tesla coil rechargeable: $289.99).

I think that store does stock algae, coded as 20 lbs of CYA on the test recommendations.

I loved the bit when he looks at the other guy and says "This is really no secret now at this point, these are the same product." and later "So trust the store manager when he says you can use this and it will do the same job." The video then jumps to the need for a new pool brush.

I was wondering how much, and here's what I got from their website:
Coupon -$10 for my email address
A bit of soda ash (smallest is 5lbs) $17
Pool brush $16
2 lbs of Green to Clean $20
6 lbs Power powder plus $28
2 litre Clear aid $27
One jug Perfect Weekly, just to get your started... $58

Total $156

(but I got free testing!)

I loved the bit when he looks at the other guy and says "This is really no secret now at this point, these are the same product." and later "So trust the store manager when he says you can use this and it will do the same job." The video then jumps to the need for a new pool brush.

I was wondering how much, and here's what I got from their website:
Coupon -$10 for my email address
A bit of soda ash (smallest is 5lbs) $17
Pool brush $16
2 lbs of Green to Clean $20
6 lbs Power powder plus $28
2 litre Clear aid $27
One jug Perfect Weekly, just to get your started... $58

Total $156

(but I got free testing!)

A $156 test [emoji23] I didn’t pay much more than that for my test kit and I’ve done over 30 tests so far with plenty to go. Probably used about $20 worth of chemicals so far. Crazy and they know it [emoji36]

I haven't watched the video and just now I made it to 3:00. I have better things to do with my time.

to quote Private Parts the movie

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Front yard pool, no worries!

IMG_20180710_205419.jpg

cfherrman - The 'informative' movie Leslies provided examined the algae problem with backyard pools and a possibility of 2 blooms per season, and therefore one assumes that the perfect frontyard pool would have none. If there were no garage on the house, the pool would be almost at the midpoint of the house for a less than 1/16th possibility of algae. The double garage offsets the pool with respect to the house, so you have a little to worry about! I would estimate that you would get 1/4 of a bloom per year. The bloom will be located in the 1/4 of the pool facing the backyard on center to the house. At least you know that 3/4 of the pool will be free of this 1/4 bloom every year! Leslies might have tactical bloom warhead pucks for treating it, but you might just consider not swimming in that part of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cfherrman - The 'informative' movie Leslies provided examined the algae problem with backyard pools and a possibility of 2 blooms per season, and therefore one assumes that the perfect frontyard pool would have none. If there were no garage on the house, the pool would be almost at the midpoint of the house for a less than 1/16th possibility of algae. The double garage offsets the pool with respect to the house, so you have a little to worry about! I would estimate that you would get 1/4 of a bloom per year. The bloom will be located in the 1/4 of the pool facing the backyard on center to the house. At least you know that 3/4 of the pool will be free of this 1/4 bloom every year! Leslies might have tactical bloom warhead pucks for treating it, but you might just consider not swimming in that part of the pool.

aha hahaha :) loved it. Very well thought out and a cinch to administer!

I got this "gem" as a tip on one of their email ads.

"Run the pump one hour for every ten degrees hot".

I took this to mean (after much bewilderment) that at 80 degrees run pump for 8 hours. Still not for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.