Chlorines

Aug 14, 2009
Close to Houston
OK, I got my 0870 and 0871 and #3 reagents. I don't have a graduated cylinder yet so I tried using a measuring spoon into a clear glass and I don't think it's real accurate but it does lead me to a question. If I'm showing any CC at all does it mean I have an algae situation trying to start? What CC readings should I be worried about? I'm going to a pharmacy to see if I can find a container to work for the tests, if not I'll get one somewhere.

Thanks,
Roger
18' ag

Welcome to TFP!!

As a general rule: cc below .5 isn't a problem, it just means that your free cl is killing something (it could be algae, sweat, pee or any other organic material that's entered the pool)

A proper graduated cylinder would be best but if you had a syringe that would let you accurately add 10 and 25ml to what you have will allow you to do the tests correctly.

Hope the pool never gives you any problems! :cheers:

I got a 10 ML syringe and ran the test in a little clear glass about double the size of a shot glass. It worked just fine and the CC was just barely pink, one drop and the pink was gone.
This site has been wonderful, clearing up my pool and making it stay that way, cutting my costs, and taking a bunch of the stress out of maintaining the pool. I really appreciate the advice and it's great to know ya'll are here.

Thanks,
Roger
18' AG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.