Patch to Match?

Benttt

May 20, 2009
I have a problem that may be familiar to someone out there (hopefully). I've recently discovered a pretty large tear in my liner about 5 inches long and repaired it with temporary clear vinyl patch (with very light cement). In the interim, I've obtained a matching piece of the original liner from manufacturer to patch for durability and make look more ascetically pleasing. The problem is the new piece is not nearly as faded as the rest of the liner. Is there a way to fade the new patch to be in the same ballpark as the balance of the pool? I know its a small problem, but its in a spot that makes it obvious when you look at the pool and yard and see the dark blue circular patch against the light blue. I thought about bleaching, but it might compromise the vinyl strength.
Any insight is appreciated.
Ben

Ben, welcome to TFP!!

I've never intentionally tried to fade a liner :shock:

I can see why you would like to find a way to fade the liner without overly weakening it :wink:

If I suddenly needed to do this, I would place the section of liner in a shallow bucket with ~ 2 ppm chlorine and use a kitchen scrubbie to slightly wear the pattern - THIS IS THEORETICAL! :!:

I would much rather have a good patch that will hold for a number of years, than a matching patch that will peel off the first season! :hammer:

If you haven't read it here is some of my advice on patching liners :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.