Is this pool goof salvagable?

Hello:

We had a pool leak at the bottom of our AG pool right where the bottom and wall meet. My pool was also dirty so I drained it to a) facilitate the repair and b) to clean the bottom. That is when the wrinkles appeared. I thought the wrinkles would straighten out while refilling. However, it appear we have a bit of a disaster on our hands. Truthfully, we are ready to ditch the pool. Your advice please.

Questions:

Is this repairable?
If not can the pool be parted out for sale?

Admin: Feel free to use these pictures and information to make a sticky so this will not happen to another unfortunate owner.

Sincerely,

Ikymojoe

Attachments

• 090509 015b.jpg
    090509 015b.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 147
  • 090509 016b.jpg
    090509 016b.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 090509 017b.jpg
    090509 017b.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 147
Welcome to TFP!

It's your choice whether to ditch the pool or not. Wrinkles are not aesthetically pleasing, but don't make the pool unusable nor cause 'undue' stress on the liner.

If the wrinkles are a problem for you, you can just replace the liner (as long as the walls, etc. are still good) :) It looks like that line has a few years under it's belt, which is probably why it ended up as it has :( BTW - you might have been able to push the wrinkles out as the pool was filling - as a general rule, don't add water to a liner pool until there are no wrinkles in the liner :wink:

Sorry I wasn't there to help with the refill :evil:

AGP's are usually one long piece that are formed in a circle or oval. There should be a connecting panel that ties the two ends together (usually the panel where the skimmer and returns are).

You could probably salvage the pool by replacing the liner and smoothing out the wall as best you can. It wouldn't be pretty, but it'd probably hold water.

Googled your pool and found it is made by Aqua Leader. You could try taking some of the top rails off and see how the pool is put together. According to the info found here, it looks like it is one continuous piece. If you can get the wall back in place I would just buy a new liner and have it installed.

great escape can order those top rails if needed. mine cost $14 each. my pool did exactly that. when it started to collapse upon filling. here is the end result. You can salvage do not get rid of pool. just get new liner This pool is also Aqua leader Illusion. when it fell it broke a couple of the top rails. good thing since pool was used I already ordered replacement pieces for what had been damaged when I was taking pool apart. Accidently ordered too many rails :)

Attachments

• our pool.jpg
    our pool.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 564
Yep, amazingly creases in the walls do smooth out quite nicely once everything is set up correctly again and water is in. Our oval setup had a big wind that layed the entire end over on itself flat while filling/setting up - we got it corrected and put the liner in, filled and you can't even tell. No weakness either. We've had the pool for years since then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.