What is best type floor sweeper for me?

spdas

Jun 17, 2009
Aloha, given I have a 8x20 pool, 7' deep with 90 degree "corrugated" sides, made form a shipping container what is the best pool automatic floor sweeper for me? I would like:

1: non electric, propelled by water

2: Cheap $100-$200 used range

3: can any attempt to clean the vertical sides?

4: I have 1/8 hp pump as well as 3/4 hp (20 GPM Pump)

5: need to clean the dog hair and misc small stuff on bottom (no leaves or big stuff)

6: does not need to be fast, I leave the 1/8 hp pump on at nights and the 3/4hp pump on all day. Running on soloar so it is cheap to run

thanks
Frank

I can't see that any standard pressure-side cleaner (Polaris etc.) will work for you if you need it to clean verticle sides -- and presume you have tight 90 degree box corners, as well? Though have you thought that perhaps the cleaner doesn't really NEED to clean the walls if they're brushed on a regular basis? You just need an automatic cleaner that will pick up what falls to the bottom. If you can tweak the sometimes difficult adjustments on a Polaris cleaner maybe when it finds those box corners it will flip over and keep going (otherwise it will wait the 3 minutes until the backup cycle takes effect.) But I think you'd need at least a 1/2 hp booster pump to make it effective. I've never seen one in action, but I've heard that the battery operated automatic cleaners (no tether for water or power) can climb walls. But here, I'll bet that cost is an issue. What else is there, besides suction vacuuming that is? How about the pool boy (or girl) that works on the cheap? Say, in exchange for a swim... :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.