Possible upgrade

In terms of your bonding grid, it will be independent of, and will not tie into, your ground with one exception. If you install a pool light with pvc conduit going to your junction box (sometimes called a pool deck box), you will have an insulated 8g stranded bonding wire coming from the light housing (where potting compound is used), traveling through the conduit, and terminating at the ground bar in the junction box. There is potential requirement to bond the junction box to the bonding grid also, which would also tie the two together with certain brands of junction boxes. Then an unbroken ground wire will go from the junction box to your service panel ground bar. That is the only place where the bonging and grounding of your pool becomes blurred. 680.23 of the NEC is fairly specific and clear with it, and Mike Holt's website diagrams it out nicely. The NEC doesn't delineate different requirements for 12v and 120v lights yet, so the requirements remain the same for the time being. I did my own electric also, and spent weeks researching to ensure my stuff was correct, safe, and passed inspection. Many electricians are all over the road on stuff, especially bonding and pool lights. My inspector was suoer helpful and very knowledgeable with pool electrical and got me pointed in the right direction after a friendly request for his input before I started.

Your pool location looks great and good luck with the install!

Joe

I would reconsider the location of the ET inside the shack. The rest of the equipment can be outside and if you have screen logic, you will never need to open the ET.
Awesome drone pictures.

Felipe

Kim the orange netting is safety fence from Lowes where I removed the back gate so the PB could bring all of the equipment in through a lease road that runs behind our house. The owner has graciously given me access so I don't have to risk tearing up our road which is private or my asphalt driveway.
Its sprinkling now, we have had one of the wettest August's we have ever had here in OK so I am hoping the rain will stay away for a couple weeks, but we will see.

Thanks Joe
The pool light is low voltage with a transformer and the niches are plastic and Pentair says they need no bonding if I understand it right.
Everything else will need bonded rebar, pump, swcg, etc.
I already have 2 hots a ground and a neutral running from my panel in the shop to a J box outside, the Easy Touch will go just on the other side of the wall from the Breaker Panel so the wire run is only about 8' or so.
The bonding has caused some stress, my next door neighbor has been a commercial electrician for almost 20 years and he doesn't understand it all and I even bought a ground rod to drive in the ground before I realized I didn't need it. Funny thing I read somewhere where the ground rod is required in canada for bonding but not recommended here in the states. I don't understand how it would hurt anything but it's not going in the ground.
That reminds me i need to pick up some #8 solid wire on my way home today.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about putting the EasyTouch inside the shop and still might do that in the future, but I also have plans of trying to extend a roof out over the equipment pad when the pain of money flying out right now is over.

Look at all of that work done!! Here is hoping it does not rain any time soon! I bet that stuff is SLICK and nasty when wet!

What will you do with all of the left over dirt?

Do you have a good test kit yet?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The extra dirt is going to the neighbor across the street, I have been using TF 100 I think it's called for the last couple of years on my above ground pool but will need to add way to test salt level next spring.

Bond Beam poured last week, most of the dirt should be gone today and sand and plumbing coming today, still need to grade the sidewalk also when they get the deck all shot in.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 155
Had to take a week off and go to Cancun in the middle of the project so here are some updated pictures as of a couple days ago.
Liner is ordered and the equipment is getting set today. Finish grade was done yesterday but I didn't get any pics of it yet.
Ended up with a little over 1100 sq ft of concrete including the sidewalk.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 132
Pool is all full and up and running, I think I have decided to not close it this first winter I don't know it is a little scary thinking about how our winters can be. A few pool owners I work with don't close the ones they have.
PB should be by today to finish programming the Easy Touch Panel so I should have lights when I get home.

Getting a safety cover installed at the end of the week hopefully, then I will have a few months to get the fence ironed out and on the the flower bed around the outside of the deck.

I had my wife out in 50 degree rain this last weekend laying down sod, shes a trooper for sure.

The PB is going to put in the initial shock today so I will test the water when I get a chance and see where I am, they are telling me to save the pile of salt bags they brought out until next spring but I don't see any reason to wait until then
to put it in.

Would there be any reason to not go ahead and put the salt in now even though winter is coming on except to maybe need to add a little more in the spring when I open it ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 85
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 85
50 degree rain????????? SHE is a REAL trooper for sure! I hope you warmed her up with a hot supper and adult drink!

Your SWG will not work when it gets burrrrrr. Some say below 60, some 50. See what yours says. That might be why your PB said to wait for the salt.

You WILL need to add CYA asap as that will help you keep the FC in the water.

Keep your pH and TA balanced as those are SO important for the long life of your oh so pretty liner!

That looks awesome! LOVE the liner color!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim I will be testing water tonight to check the ph and the ta.
I have lights now and they brought out a robot to test drive, its pretty cool I have to admit.

Attachments

• 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 55

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.