Shut pump off?

jwgillis

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
Yuma, AZ
I will be leaving for vacation during our "monsoon" season ... in Yuma, AZ "monsoon" equates to wind. The neighbor that usually checks my pool for me is going on vacation also during this time. The wind during the "monsoon" season results in many leaves. etc., in my pool, filling the skimmer basket over a few days. I am looking at my options.

I have a fiberglass inground pool 20x40 with spa, SWG.

Question: Is one of my options simply shutting my pump off for the 11 days I will be gone?

If you have a cover for the pool, bring the water to shock level and put the cover on. You should still have some chlorine in the water after 11 days and the cover should keep the leaves out. I wouldn't leave the pump on for 11 days without someone to check on it and empty the strainer every day.

It's an option, but probably not the best one :wink:

Being able to cover the pool and keep it running and having chlorine added would be better. Having someone stop by ~every few days to check the pool (with the cover on) would be best :goodjob:

If there's no one you can get to come by and make sure the pool hasn't started to empty itself, cover it and turn off the pump - a little algae is far better than a wrecked pool and/ or equipment :!:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.