PLEASE HELP! mini max heater nt

Sep 4, 2009
I have a mini max nt (model 400) heater .
About a month ago the pool guy cleaned our filters in the pool.
After this we started getting a read on our control board that said "err" then it would flash 888.
The heater worked for a while in the morning when it was cool but would then turn off.
then all of the sudden it stopped working all together. the control screen wouldn't light up unless i did a reset and then it would say "er" then go black.
We were told it was the pressure switch which we replaced.(with no result)
Then I was told it was the thermal probe which I just replaced, and now it wont give any
read on the control screen at all.

The board is getting power and has no burns on it....
All the filters are clean.

Please if any one can give me any suggestions i would greatly appreciat it!

Now it is showing ERR CODE THEN FLASHES 888 AND THE POWER LIGHT GOES OFF(OR SHOULD I SAY DIMS SO LOW THAT YOU CAN'T SEE IT) BUT THE PRESS SW LIGHT IS STILL ON WHERE THE LED LIGHTS ARE.

mike123,

Your symptoms don't sound promising. It sounds like your DDTC board is dying. For $25 worth of electronics, Pentair sure is proud of their stupid little circuit board. I did a quick check and came up with the following:

$306.72 a1poolparts.com
$335.51 poolcenter.com
$275 hill_brothers_studios at eBay
$234.59 dizzylane2000 at eBay.

Good luck. Let us know what you eventually decide to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.