HELP ! First time closing IGP in NJ

impod

Aug 14, 2009
I have read several threads and have some questions.
Sorry I am new to this. I have an gunite IG pool, solid pool cover attached via elastic bands to grommets in the cement deck.
WHAT IS POLYQUAT?
1. In order to remove the h2o I just have to place my gas powered leaf blower in the skimmer after the basket is removed? Will this force the water out of both returns or should i close 1 return valve at a time to increase pressure. I can then cycle through each return to remove the h2o. Does the main pool filter controller remain in the normal operating position or changed to pool close during the process. Doesn't the pressure from the blower with water in the filter damage the fins of the my DE filter?
2. What chemicals have to be added to the h2o prior to closing? chlorine levels? winter algaecide?
3. Last year my pool closer did not add any antifreeze to the lines. Just lowered h20 1/2 way down between top of pool and top of the returns. Of course it was lower than the skimmers. The lower my H2o level is, the more stress on my solid pool cover.
If I add pool antifreeze where do I add it and how much? Do you add it instead of blowing out the lines? What would the sequence be?
5. Heater- all I need to do is turn off the gas main?

The heater should have drain plugs which need to be removed and stored for next season. On my heater, I need to disconnect a flexible copper pipe from the pressure switch to get all of the water out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.