Dimple leak

Jul 16, 2007
I had a buddy that patched a hole in the very bottom corner of the deep end. The hole wasn't all tha big but it had left a big dimple about the size of a half a baseball. The patch sucked into the hole and seemed to work okay. This was back in the spring. Now I am losing a lot of water and I have a few clues that it is coming from that general area.

The edges of that patch have turned loose but most of it looks in tact. Being that it is in a corner it is a little tricky to get a patch down there. The patch is really designed to go on a flat surface.

How do people handle this that know what they are doing? Unfortunately I don't. Is there some kind of pool bondo that you can pack in the dimple and then patch over that?

Any ideas will be apreciated. I need to get this thing fixed before it turns cold. I spent all winter last year adding ater over this same leak.

My post in this thread gives the basics of patching.

With a situation like you describe, I'd TRY to put a patch in the dimple and make it stick - then I'd put a patch over the dimpled area (~ 1" larger than the dimple. where the liner is still flat).

If you need more fro,m me on this, just let me know :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.