Looking for Salt Water Pool Cleaner recommendations!

NCSalt

Apr 26, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hi All!

Looks like our Polaris 380 is on it's way out...the return valve has cracks in it and it does not work well at all anymore!
Can anyone here recommend a pool cleaner (vacuum) for a Salt Water inground pool? It would have to attach the same way the polaris does (we have a sub-pump) and it attached to a suction outlet inside the pool about 3 inches below the water-level.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Cheerio,
Tanja in NC

any objection to getting another 360? I'm not aware of a pool cleaner made specifically for a salt water pool as it is just a regular old chlorine pool with salt in it.

What features are you looking for? Maybe then perhaps those with inground pools could help you out based on their experiences

NCSalt said:
Looks like our Polaris 380 is on it's way out...the return valve has cracks in it and it does not work well at all anymore!
Can anyone here recommend a pool cleaner (vacuum) for a Salt Water inground pool?
Polaris parts can be a bit pricey, but they're a bargain next to purchasing a new cleaner. If you could get this one working for less than $100, would you do so? If yes, consider buying the needed parts for your 380 on-line. See what's available on this page at PoolCenter.com I've used PoolCenter before and was happy with the no-hassle ordering and speed of delivery. They even carry a backup valve kit.

If you have decided resolutely to buy a new cleaner, ask for recommendations from pool owners who have pressure-side cleaners that will work with an existing booster pump.

NCSalt said:
Can anyone here recommend a pool cleaner (vacuum) for a Salt Water inground pool? It would have to attach the same way the polaris does (we have a sub-pump) and it attached to a suction outlet inside the pool about 3 inches below the water-level.
Not to worry, all pool cleaners should work fine in a salt water pool (unless the salt water you're referring to is ocean water!) The other qualifications don't make much sense to me. The Polaris model 380 connects to a return outlet, not a suction outlet. A booster pump provides additional pressure needed to run the cleaner, not a sub-pump. Hope this helps.

Starting my 5th year with a 2x suction ThePoolCleaner and it works great. I replaced the tires last year and run it pretty much all the time during the pump cycle (except when swimming). It has been a great cleaner for me.

Thank you all for your replies!

I went ahead and ordered the backup valve and voila the Polaris is running like new....got the valve for 30 bucks on ebay and it took me all but 5 minutes to install it...! Definately glad that we did not have to get a new vacuum, for now we will keep the Polaris around!

Thanks again for your suggestions!
Cheerio,
Tanja

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.