Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bump in Liner from Concrete Underneath

1. Back To Top    #1

Bump in Liner from Concrete Underneath

We had our pool installed in May. We have noticed 2-3 bumps in the liner caused by aggregate sticking out of the concrete below the liner. None have torn through the liner, but they are fairly pointed or sharp pieces of stone. Is this normal? Do PB inspect every square inch of the concrete for smoothness prior to installing the liner? Should I be concerned? Thanks.
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Bump in Liner from Concrete Underneath

I would say it is a cause for concern if you feel it could pentrate the liner.

The PB should be notified. Is it on the floor or the walls....those two surfaces are different materials.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I had a similar problem. Under my contract if it was reported in the first year of installation no charge. After one year $300 to drain, pull liner and remove pebble, then install liner.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

They are all on the floor, where the concrete would be. I haven't noticed any on the steel walls.
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.