Help with Sta-Rite heater and Aqua Logic

Hey, first post (new pool). I've got an Aqua Logic PS-8 and a Sta-Rite SR400NA heater. I'd like to control the temp with the thermostat setting in the AL menus, but the heater itself has its own thermostat setting on its control pad. They seem to conflict with one another. If I turn the heater thermostat all the way up, will this allow the AL to be in control?

BTW, the AL is connected to the heater with the 2-wire config using the Fireman's Switch.

Thanks,
Phillip

PhilipH,

Welcome to BABC!

I have an Aqua Logic PS-4, so it is virtually identical to your unit. I don't have the manual right in front of me, but from memory the heater temp controls should be set as high as they can possibly go. That way, as far as the heater itself is concerned, it is always ready to go on whenever the filter pump is turned on. Then the Aqua Logic decides, based on the water temperature sensor input, when the heater should turn on and off via the Fireman Switch connection.

I hope this helps. If not, keep asking questions.

Do you have the Aqua Logic manual?

Thanks. I do have the manual, and the most relevant info is in the Installation manual (not the Operations). Looking at the connections for the "generic" heater is what tipped me off. It says to do just what we are saying regarding the heater temp. However, I have a Sta-Rite heater and the AL manual has a special section for a Sta-Rite heater, and it doesn't mention anything about turning the heater temp up. I bet that's it though, and I'll verify in the next couple of days.

Phillip

Phillip, Hi :wave: Titanium gave you the 100% correct answer :goodjob: (Hi Titanium, boy... it's great to share a thread with you again! :p )

Just to reiterate, set the heater to it's highest temp and then let the AquaLogic take over --- as long as you have the water temp probe installed!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.