Not sure if I bought the right size SWG.

fordsbyjay

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 1, 2009
Lafayette, LA
I recently purchased a aqua rite pro 25k system for my pool but have not installed it. After searching through a handful of posts on this site it seems everyone recommends going to the larger cell. We live in south Louisiana and run our pool 24/7 therefore I thought the 25k setup would/should be enough. I swear the minute we turn the pool off algae starts growing in the corners that is why we run it all the time. Should I try and exchange this 25k cell for the 40k cell or will I be ok? What kind of shorter life span should I expect out of the 25k vs the 40k?

Jason

If it is an easy exchange, I would go with the larger cell. But the cell you have will work just fine as long as your pump run time stays reasonably long, ie 4 hours a day isn't going to work, but 12 hours a day or longer ought to be fine. The larger cells will normally last longer by the same proportion as the relative size of the pool they are specked for, ie a 40K unit should last 40/25, or 8/5, times as long (assuming nothing unusual happens).

I agree, I would exchange it for the 40k if you can. My pool is 20,000 gallons and I have the 40k cell. I run my pump 10 hours at 10%-15%. We do use our solar cover a lot which seems to hold the chlorine in more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.