Something ain’t Quite right....

derryank

Gold Supporter
Apr 4, 2015
Boston MA
Good evening everyone,

So last week I slammed and performed a successful OCLT. However, there was still an ever so slight cloudiness..just slightly. That said, as per suggestions here, I deep cleaned and backwashed my filter (heck of a lot of fun and learning experience!!)

I added the salt last night...ran nearly 36 hours and just performed my test.

Here are the results...(and boy am I worried!!!)

Salt - 2000ppm
PH - 7.2
BR - 1 (weird - usually always 5)
FC - 2
TA - 60
CH - 75
CYA - 60

I have turned the SWG on to 100%...water temp is roughly 65-70F. I know I need to add a lot more salt...6500ppm? Right...?

Also, when I brush the floor of the Pool..a small green/brown plume of darn algae (I’m assuming) follows in it track.

I’m assuming...I must start the SLAM over again?

Thanks all for your help.....I wonder what happened?

You do not have Bromine (Br) in your pool so forget about that. Are you using the FAS-DPD chlorine test?

Check your SWG manual, but pretty sure it wants around 3200ppm. Your SWG is not likely doing anything with the salt that low (is that its reading your a test kit?)

Add FC with bleach and don't wait for the SWG.

How are you reading your salt, testing with Taylor kit or reading through then SWG panel? If the latter it may be out of calibration. If the former still be careful adding too much at one time. It's easier to add more over time than drain/replace water.

Also, the pool math app is really helpful on what amounts to add to balance your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.