Intermatic Timer connection to pool light

Aug 12, 2009
I have an Intermatic T104 timer, with the pool pump connected to load 1 (screw 2) and load 2 (screw 4). (pump is working fine) Power comes into the timer box from the left. Two black wires go to line 1 (screw 1) and line 2 (screw 2). Coming into the other side of the timer box, I have a neutral, ground, and hot wire that goes to an outlet box, and then to the on/off switch that goes to my pool light. My ground wires (green) are all tied together, as are the neutral (white wires). Which screw connection on the timer should I attach the hot wire from the outlet/pool light switch, so that the pool light can be turned on, and the outlet box is always on, when the pump is either on or off? Searched the threads for this, but couldn't find anything. I am new here to this site, and haven't figured out how to add my pool info yet. IG, plaster, 18-20K, PacFab Mitra 80 cartridge filter, recently switched to bleach and borax, and am really glad to have found this site. Water is sparkling!

Attachments

• T104 Timer.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 46
Greg,

Welcome to BABC!

What do you have coming in for the power wires? 2 black wires and a green? Or 2 black wires, one white wire, and a green wire? If it is the former, then you only have 240 Volts available to you. If it is the latter, then you have both 240 Volts AND 120 Volts available to you. You need the latter (2 black wires, one white wire, and a green wire) in order to run both the 240 Volt filter pump and the 120 Volt pool light.

Let us know what you have. A picture of the guts of the timer enclosure would be even better.

Two white wires? And a bare copper wire instead of a green wire? That seems odd.

Is the circuit box very far away? And are the number and color of wires the same on the circuit box end? A picture of how these wires tie into the circuit breakers, and neutral and ground bars would also be useful. Hopefully we'll also be able to see the amp rating and number of poles of the circuit breaker.

Thanks for checking this out. I figured out the problem I was having after skimming through some other articles here on TFP. I removed the GFI outlet and replaced it, and everything is working like it should. Now, I need to buy that deluxe water test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.