Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new guy...troubleshooting

1. Back To Top    #1

new guy...troubleshooting

Well....another swg issue. OK, here's the deal.....did the troubleshoot for the front board on my Jandy aquapure 1400 cause it's not generating chlorine. First readings as follows: 2.8 gpl....next one 74deg...next one 90/91(it fluctuates between the two).Next, I got my water tested because the system said low salt. Salt came back perfect at 3200. Re-calibrated the salinity at 3200 and system reads good. Cleaned flow sensor(wasn't really dirty) and codes 172 and 181 come up(these were coming up before also). Started system back up and only the "cell reversing" light comes on for about ten min. then the 172/181 codes come back. No other lights are on! So here's my question.....do you think I need to replace the front board even though the readings are only off by a little? Or should I just replace the sensor....or both! Sorry to be long winded but I'm at wits end! Have been using liquid ch. for about a year now! PB is absolutely no help! BTW...inground 35000 gal gunite, raised spa,about 4 years old, blahblahblah........please help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new guy...troubleshooting

Here's a post where the 172 error code was discussed. Jandy Aquapure Trouble Codes

It appears to be a sensor code. The connection to the sensor will also cause the problem apparently.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Bama, you said it could be the connection to the sensor? Can I open the wire casing and re-splice it? Rather do that than spend 140 buks on a new one!

4. Back To Top    #4

When some of the more qualified people come by they'll know, but if I remember right you have to buy the cable. Don't quote me on that though.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check back for some other members advice.

6. Back To Top    #6

Bump? Anyone else?