Goldline SWG troubles...

taekwondodo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Friend's pool:

My Aquacheck strips read 3600ppm salt, the goldline unit reads 1900ppm salt.

Flow control is solid red, the starts blinking. Can't figure out why, but sometimes the flow control flashes, then goes out - when this happens, get the "inspect cell" and "low salinity" LEDs. Then the flow control goes red again.

Removed and inspected cell - looks almost new (no gunk) and well cared for. Decided to give it a mild acid wash anyway - no bubbles.

Also pulled flow sensor (is this NO or NC), and it _looked_ OK...

Don't have the volt or amp readings in front of me...

Called Goldline - they said either the cell or the control board is going out. I guess with precision troubleshooting like that, they should become weathermen!

Sounds like they're right on the ball there. :) It's amazing what some people call service.

Beating a dead horse I'm sure, but did you check all the cable connections?

The flow switch should be normally normally open, held closed by flow.

It does sound like a bad board. Is this a PS4 by any chance? They have been know to have bad solder connections on the back of the board that can be fixed if you are handy with a soldering iron.

Also, the wire from the flow sensor has been known to fail. Several on this board and others have had this problem. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is if you use an ohm meter to check continuity on the connections to the board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.