Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline SWG troubles...

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline SWG troubles...

Friend's pool:

My Aquacheck strips read 3600ppm salt, the goldline unit reads 1900ppm salt.

Flow control is solid red, the starts blinking. Can't figure out why, but sometimes the flow control flashes, then goes out - when this happens, get the "inspect cell" and "low salinity" LEDs. Then the flow control goes red again.

Removed and inspected cell - looks almost new (no gunk) and well cared for. Decided to give it a mild acid wash anyway - no bubbles.

Also pulled flow sensor (is this NO or NC), and it _looked_ OK...

Don't have the volt or amp readings in front of me...

Called Goldline - they said either the cell or the control board is going out. I guess with precision troubleshooting like that, they should become weathermen!
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goldline SWG troubles...

Sounds like they're right on the ball there. It's amazing what some people call service.

Beating a dead horse I'm sure, but did you check all the cable connections?

The flow switch should be normally normally open, held closed by flow.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It does sound like a bad board. Is this a PS4 by any chance? They have been know to have bad solder connections on the back of the board that can be fixed if you are handy with a soldering iron.

Also, the wire from the flow sensor has been known to fail. Several on this board and others have had this problem. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is if you use an ohm meter to check continuity on the connections to the board.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

I will be out there tomorrow with a multi-meter - got any pictures of where I should be looking?

Thanks.

- Jeff
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

5. Back To Top    #5

There is a lot of knowledge in this link on Hayward Aqualogic, that might apply to your friend's -
    http://www.nocellpower.com/
    Good Luck!
    22 x 40 IG vinyl lined, 23,570 gal.
    1 hp. Pac-Fab Challenger pump 300# sand filter
    Intex 8110 SWG, Hayward CL220 offline feeder
    Hayward 250K Btu gas heater
    Aquabots