Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to post a question

1. Back To Top    #1

How to post a question

Hello everyone
    I have been trying to post a question but I can't seem to find the link to post. I know that this is not an answer to posted question but I don't know where else to contact someone for help.
    Is there anyone out there who can let me know how to post a question?
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to post a question

I moved your post into it's own topic for you. JasonLion

To start a new topic, first go to one of the topic lists, for example the Just Getting Started area. Once there, towards the top left, just under the Just Getting Started topic label, there is a "New Topic" button. Press that button, and you will be prompted to enter the text of your post.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your quick response. I posted before but for whatever reason I missed the link.
    Thanks again.
    Bob M.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey everyone, I'm Lisa. I'm a new member since yesterday. I think I really must have too much chlorine in my head since I cannot figure out how to ask a question of my own to start the thread. I cannot find a "New Topic" area ... All I can seem to do is reply to a current post. I am having a terrible pool pump issue and all I have to rely on is myself to take care of and fix the pool.
    22k gal inground 16 x 32 vinyl pool. Saltwater. Sand filter. Haywood Super Pump. Polaris pool cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

To post a new thread first find the forum you wish to post into. If you're having issues with a green pool, select the TFPC. If you're having equipment issues, select The Pumping Station. From there in the upper left hand corner you should see a button labled "+Post New Thread." Click on that and fill out your question.

For more help please view the FAQ or if you continue to have issues please feel free to write back.

Welcome to TFP!
    Lee

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi, I can't figure out how to post a question either--none of the listed topics seems to fit: my question: how to diagnose and repair a leak in my Arlington, VA vinyl in-ground, old, 20,000 gallon pool that started last JULY 2 and my pool guy is not able to fix permanently. I'm so desperate it's either: fill in the pool, or get better help, so I found this forum this morning, and hope to find better help, on it.
    thanks,
    SandyJ

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to the forum Sandy J!

For questions about leaks, the Everything Else forum (http://www.troublefreepool.com/forum...verything-Else) is the best place to post your question. To post, click the link I provided , then click the "+ Post New Thread" button located about 1/4 the way down the page on the left side - it's located just above the existing threads in that forum.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

8. Back To Top    #8

thank you!
    Also, How do I get all my pool specifics into my signature line?

9. Back To Top    #9

I take it you had not read this yet: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...efore-you-post
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Please help. I cant seem to find the link to post a question. I've read the advice given above, but still can't find the links you're referring to.
    25,500 gal IG plaster 18'X35' over 4 years old. Pentair MiniMax NT w/ C320 cartridge filter, TF-100 test kit. Cleaning robot

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by dakemi View Post
    Please help. I cant seem to find the link to post a question. I've read the advice given above, but still can't find the links you're referring to.
    Click on the "forum" link, select the forum you want to post your question in, then on the upper left side just above the forum title there is a button for "post new thread"
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Here is a screenshot pointing you in the right direction. Should help you find the correct button.

13. Back To Top    #13

its crazy but i don't have the post new thread button. But I did follow a link from a different answer and was able to post my question under Equipment/build/everything else/My husband finally let me take over and I don't want to blow it!! Is it in the wrong place? Can i move it to the correct heading? How will I receive replies? Will it come automatically?
    25,500 gal IG plaster 18'X35' over 4 years old. Pentair MiniMax NT w/ C320 cartridge filter, TF-100 test kit. Cleaning robot