how much masonry sand for bottom coping

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
I am going to call my local home and garden place and have them deliver a load of masonry sand, so I can build my 6 inch high sand coping around the bottom of my pool.

Can anyone tell me how much I'll need to do a 6 inch high by 6 inch wide coping around my 33 foot round pool?

I want to order it today yet.

THanks
Dan

A 6" X 6" right triangle has a area of 18 sq in. times the cicumference of a 33' circle of 104' you need 13 cubic feet or a little less than 1/2 a cubic yard. To be safe I'd order a bit more unless you're real good with a tape and shovel. :mrgreen:

Thanks. I actually think I'll just order a couple yards, so with the left over I'll just even out any bottom spots that I don't like and then the rest can go into the kids sandbox which gets depleted quite quickly! Not sure where it all goes...maybe their hair from the looks of them sometimes! ha ha ha

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.