Pool Cover Tool

May 15, 2009
Kentucky
Guys, I have lost my tool for installing my Merlin pool cover. This is the tool that is used to strech the springs over the anchors. Does anyone know where I can order on of these on-line are they a standard tool or do I have to buy one specific for the merlin cover?

Unless Merlin uses non-standard deck anchors, then make your own. That's what I did. Mine had been bent in half, after I figured out what it was.

I went to Lowes, and picked up galvanized steel electrical conduit. Took Dremel tool (or hacksaw, if you don't have a Dremel), and cut good-sized notches to accomodate for the spring. Got some adhesive foam, and applied to the upper end so I wouldn't cut up my hand.

This is where it's nice....those OEM tools are maybe 24" long. Lots of bending over when hooking up your cover. I made mine 5 feet long. That was nice, but the electrical conduit isn't made for all sorts of flexing. When it's time to close, I will probably remake the tool out of iron natural gas pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.