dumb question

Matt, for some reason I don't think your math is correct. my pool is 33 feet in diameter and 52 inches deep..and you are saying that my pool wall laid out flat is only 43' long???? thats only 10 more feet in length than the diameter..I don't think that's right.

I am just really confused, as my packing list for my pool said it comes with 2 cartons that each contain a 33' x 52" wall....I got two of those...so laid you flat with one bolted to the other, wouldn't that be 66' of wall...not 103.7' either?????

call me confused!!! :hammer:

Dan

I am sorry, I thought you were looking for the total diameter, but you are looking for circumference. In that case gumarogarc is correct, C=Pi (3.14159265358979323846) times the diameter. So Circumference=3.14159265358979323846 * 33'=103.67'. Unless I am still misunderstanding.

Now I see CurtisT reply, yes, if 22 feet across, the circumference would be 68 1/2 feet.

103.7 is correct, so diameter x pi is correct. I use this formula to order J channel track for above ground pools. If you really don't believe it take a vinyl tape measure and measure it in the real world :)

flyweed said:
Matt, for some reason I don't think your math is correct. my pool is 33 feet in diameter and 52 inches deep..and you are saying that my pool wall laid out flat is only 43' long???? thats only 10 more feet in length than the diameter..I don't think that's right.

I am just really confused, as my packing list for my pool said it comes with 2 cartons that each contain a 33' x 52" wall....I got two of those...so laid you flat with one bolted to the other, wouldn't that be 66' of wall...not 103.7' either?????

call me confused!!! :hammer:

Dan

It will be pi*d, 3.1416*33=103.7' is correct.

You have a 21 ft dia pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes...my pool is the Swim and Play Inc Paragon 33 foot diameter pool..it's not 22 or 21ft in diameter..it's 33ft.

The pool came with 2 rolls of metal wall. in the "packing list" it says each piece of wall is 33ft in length. this would give me a flat length of wall 66 feet long right? and when put into a circle (like a pool) it would be half of that, so 33ft diameter.

This is where I am confused as to, if this pool is 33ft in diameter how could the wall length be 3.14(pi) x 33???

Now you can see what I am confused.

the pool came with 44 pieces of rail (22 called for on the bottom rail and 22 on the top rail) each rail is 54 1/4" long according to the instructions they don't go butt to butt, but there is a gap between each one once they are installed into the top or bottom plates.

Dan

The circumference, or length of the wall is equal to pi times the diameter.

If the diameter of your pool is supposed to be 33ft, your wall length has to be 3.14*33ft or 103.6ft.

If your wall length is 66ft, the diameter has to be 66ft divided by 3.14 or 21ft

Me thinks that you better contact the folks that you bought the pool from! Sounds like they either shipped you the wrong pool, short shipped the wall, or their description on the packing list is misleading. What does the description of the liner say?
Mike

flyweed said:
Yes...my pool is the Swim and Play Inc Paragon 33 foot diameter pool..it's not 22 or 21ft in diameter..it's 33ft.

The pool came with 2 rolls of metal wall. in the "packing list" it says each piece of wall is 33ft in length. this would give me a flat length of wall 66 feet long right? and when put into a circle (like a pool) it would be half of that, so 33ft diameter.

No. It's dia times pi.

This is where I am confused as to, if this pool is 33ft in diameter how could the wall length be 3.14(pi) x 33???

Now you can see what I am confused.

the pool came with 44 pieces of rail (22 called for on the bottom rail and 22 on the top rail) each rail is 54 1/4" long according to the instructions they don't go butt to butt, but there is a gap between each one once they are installed into the top or bottom plates.

22 pieces times 54 1/4 inches = 1193.5 inches divided by 12 (inches in a foot) = 99.46 foot

Dan

That you have 99.5 feet of top rail and 66 feet of side wall should tell you something is wrong.

I think the numbers are wrong on the shipping/parts list. I have the pool wall and bottom rail up currently and it is indeed 33 feet across (Diameter) So I think the number just corresponds to a 33 foot pool..not that each piece is 33 feet long. That's my conclusion anyway.

Like I said, the wall is currently up and waiting for the liner to be installed, and it is 33ft round..I just wanted to know how long the wall is if spread out in a straight line. I think I'll take my 120ft soft tape measure today and wrap it around the pool and see what number I come up with.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.