Vacuuming and/or brushing green pool?!

Swataz

May 23, 2013
Hauppauge, NY
Ok, here’s my quandary for you folks.

I opened my pool the other day and then my pump went. So, my not so green pool started to get a bit swampy thanks to 86 degree temps, poor chemical balance and no circulation.

I’ve been doing this for 16 years, but I this has never happened, so I want to know what’s the correct sequence.

There is still some minor leaf debris left over from last year and I’ve yet to vacuum, but probably won’t be able to see what I’m doing if I start that process because of the amount of algae. Same goes for brushing the sides and floor of my pool.

The chemicals are balanced and I know raising chlorine levels to keep algae at bay is most effective when done after vacuuming and/or brushing.

Where the heck do I start? Help me, please!

While the pump is out, you have limitations, but you're not totally stuck. Continue to sweep/brush to remove debris. You can add some bleach each evening and brush it around a bit just to help keep things from getting much worse. I wouldn't try to get too crazy with any other adjustments until you get the new pump going. If you have a submersible pump, you could drop that in to help move water a bit.

Thank you!

While the pump is out, you have limitations, but you're not totally stuck. Continue to sweep/brush to remove debris. You can add some bleach each evening and brush it around a bit just to help keep things from getting much worse. I wouldn't try to get too crazy with any other adjustments until you get the new pump going. If you have a submersible pump, you could drop that in to help move water a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.