Help! 1st timer, not confident with test levels!

May 22, 2018
Wynne, AR
We've lived in our house for almost 3 years so we've always used the local pool guy to open/close since we didn't know enough about it to tackle it. But I've had all I can take from them since they want to treat us as idiots for asking questions and trying to learn what to do. They "don't have time to help us learn what to do." I'm not a genius but very far from being an idiot and just want to make sure I do things correctly so therefore I'm on my own opening the pool this year and the kiddos are getting antsy??. I've read though here and I know y'all don't like the strips too much but they're all I have to work with right now but I am looking into the other test kits. My question is if I can post a picture of the strip can y'all tell me if my levels are looking ok enough to swim? To me, I think they look ok but I just keep 2nd quessing myself. Thanks a bunch in advance!!

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 48
Sorry, trying to provide advice based on test strips is just not something we like to do here due to how unreliable they are. I would recommend you order the tf100 from tftestkits.net.

I don't even know what each of those rows of colors represents.

No, I haven't ordered yet. But I will say I've looked at this forum and completely agree it seems awesome and has already answered ALOT of questions just reading past threads! Even answered questions I've asked in the past to the pool store that they kinda just beat around the bush answering

When you order the test-kit, please post your numbers here. We'll be happy to help!!!

No, I haven't ordered yet. But I will say I've looked at this forum and completely agree it seems awesome and has already answered ALOT of questions just reading past threads! Even answered questions I've asked in the past to the pool store that they kinda just beat around the bush answering

The one thing that jumps out about those colors is that it appears your CYA is way too high. Which likely necessitates replacing water once you get a good test kit and confirm.

I haven't gotten the recommended test kit but I did pick up the HTH from Walmart so it's what I've got for now. I understand if opinions aren't offered since this isn't the recommended test but just wanted to list my readings:D
TC 3
pH 7.5
TA 180
Hardness 220
CYA 100

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.