Refinishing / Restoring a Fiberglass Pool Slide

:confused::confused::confused::confused:Panther, I ordered the Interlux Perfection in white. handed it off to my hubby to figure out. we have a fiberglass slide very similar to yours needing freshening. He is telling me that I failed to order the primer product that is necessary... please tell me what you used for your awesome results?!?! thanks!! this project is wayyy past due (child's birthday party next week, hoping you see this soon!)

Mod note: Panther has not posted since 2012. You may be better off sending a PM or starting a new thread with your question. pooldv

Hey Everyone,

After reviewing this thread and others on youtube for the last 2 months, I pulled the trigger and refinished my slide. I used Multi Surface Acrylic exterior paint from a box store. I wanted to go with Rustoleum TopSide paint but there was no paint available within 100 miles of me. When I looked at Epoxy's the only stores around me had garage floor paints in two colors, clear, white, grey. I knew that I did not want those colors and ultimately led me to the MSA. I picked up new jets and tubing from amazon for really cheap. I will be ordering a new slide handle form SR Slides. Few people used MSA and say the paint has held up so far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    486.6 KB · Views: 27
Hey Everyone,

After reviewing this thread and others on youtube for the last 2 months, I pulled the trigger and refinished my slide. I used Multi Surface Acrylic exterior paint from a box store. I wanted to go with Rustoleum TopSide paint but there was no paint available within 100 miles of me. When I looked at Epoxy's the only stores around me had garage floor paints in two colors, clear, white, grey. I knew that I did not want those colors and ultimately led me to the MSA. I picked up new jets and tubing from amazon for really cheap. I will be ordering a new slide handle form SR Slides. Few people used MSA and say the paint has held up so far so good.

I have been on the early portion of your journey. I was going to go with the Topline as well, but can’t find it near me. I wanted to see how the slide has been working out since you’ve started to use it. Also, what prep work did you do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.