Good Supply Place In Canada For Chlorine?

flyboy320 said:
Pools almost finished, and I am sold on the BBB method and would like to know where is the best (read cheapest!!) place in Canada to purchase the bleach, WalMart, Costco, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, etc.?
Wal-Mart is the lowest-price consistent source of bottled bleach. I pay $2.19 for the larger bottle of 6 percent, which I think is 5 litres. When I have visited Toronto, though, I have noticed that a lot of the garden centres, especially those places that sell mulch and topsoil, carry liquid chlorine in bulk. This would probably be your cheapest source, although I have noticed that many of them store them outside in white plastic bulk tanks, and the sunlight could cause a reduction in chlorine strength if they don't turn the product over fast enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
aqualicious said:
I've been getting my 12% chlorine at Discounters pool and spa (I noticed a couple stores in GTA). They have the reusable containers which is great. Of course they list it under shock.
$5.79 for 10L and $10.99 for 20L

Thanks aqualicious....there's one of those on my way home from work. It seems to be the cheapest so far.

Just noticed on their web site;

"SAVE OVER 25% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 100L PREPAID
RATHER THAN PURCHASING INDIVIDUAL 10L CONTAINERS

AT RETAIL VALUE!"

Sorry to be such a coloquial.....where/what is GTA?

GTA.....Greater Toronto Area......ie., Toronto and the surrounding area... :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.