Jandy AquaLink RS - Program Scheduling Nightmare

Jun 13, 2015
FOLSOM
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My Jandy AquaLink RS is giving me fits! Noticed my programs weren't running at the set times. When I reviewed the Schedule in iAquaLink, there were duplicates and missing "circuits" that I had programmed. I've removed them all and tried to add them back with new start and stop times but its all wonky. After programming the activities, I reviewed them only to find out that times are for other programmed activities. Anyone else come across this? Help! :confused:

Sorry to hear that Honesto. I have not had that kind of problem. In fact, I added several new program lines through iAqualink today and they all seem to have taken when I go back to view them.

First thing I suggest is to make sure that your system clock is set properly.

Otherwise, what kind of programs are you trying to run? Perhaps that will help us debug your issue.

Dodger, good thought on the clock being the culprit for things not working when they were scheduled. This was the first check; all good. I use iAquaLink for everything unless there is a problem...

I'm programming/scheduling (in no particular order): cleaner, spa, spa jets, spillover, chlorinate (VS high speed), pool (VS low speed). Since I'm having a problem using iAquaLink for programming/scheduling, I tried using my AquaLink RS wall unit. Some could not be added and others had the times from I programmed for another function.

Attachments

• iAquaLink - Schedule.JPG
    iAquaLink - Schedule.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 129
I tried using my AquaLink RS wall unit.

Is your wall unit a One Touch?

Some could not be added and others had the times from I programmed for another function.

Are you saying that what you see in the wall unit programs does not exactly match what you see in the iAqualink Schedule screen? Can you give an example of one of the above situations?

I'm programming/scheduling (in no particular order): cleaner, spa, spa jets, spillover, chlorinate (VS high speed), pool (VS low speed).

I assume all these functions work manually from your iAqualink and One Touch? That is, you can toggle them on an off and the pump speed changes if appropriate, the appropriate valves move, etc.

Is your wall unit a One Touch?

Are you saying that what you see in the wall unit programs does not exactly match what you see in the iAqualink Schedule screen? Can you give an example of one of the above situations?

I assume all these functions work manually from your iAqualink and One Touch? That is, you can toggle them on an off and the pump speed changes if appropriate, the appropriate valves move, etc.

Yes, it is a RS One Touch
Exactly. Spa shows 4 time in iAquaLink but only scheduled once in One Touch. iAquaLiink does not show four other functions that are scheduled/programmed in One Touch.
I can manually run/stop all of the pool functions from both iAquaLink and RS One Touch. Programming/Scheduling the functions is just insanity. I have had my cleaner run twice a day; once in the morning and then at the end of the day. Currently I cannot add a second Cleaner at the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought of one thing to eliminate. Have you used the "Page Down" button in iAqualink to make sure there are not programs "hiding" on the next page?

Yes I did try the Page Down button as I thought there might be the rest of the functions I added. There is no second page to see. This is so weird!

Okay weird. If it were me, I would delete all programs in both iAqualink and One Touch, then pull the power breaker. After power up, review to make sure there are no programs anywhere, and then try entering just 1 or 2 new programs in the iAqualink only. Baby steps, but starting with a fresh/clean slate.

Reactions: SonnyM
Are you using schedule group A or B? What is your "start date" for each program group? Perhaps you programmed on B and A is what OneTouch is seeing? Or perhaps you are using a group that is not active.

I see you are using "A". Check the dates that A is active.

I had to call Jandy the other day to fix an issue that I created. The rep did say it’s rare but phantom programs can be stored. He suggested I write down all my setting and if I ever had problems hit the clear memory button.

If your still having issues either give tech support a call or clear memory.

Okay weird. If it were me, I would delete all programs in both iAqualink and One Touch, then pull the power breaker. After power up, review to make sure there are no programs anywhere, and then try entering just 1 or 2 new programs in the iAqualink only. Baby steps, but starting with a fresh/clean slate.

I will try these things this weekend. I have not yet tried clearing both iAquaLink and the OT before the power reset.

UPDATE: Cleared all in One Touch and the iAquaLink Schedule was also cleared. Power off and on but still experiencing improper programming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you using schedule group A or B? What is your "start date" for each program group? Perhaps you programmed on B and A is what OneTouch is seeing? Or perhaps you are using a group that is not active.

I see you are using "A". Check the dates that A is active.

The installers put everything into the A program group. I haven't thought about using (or why I should add to) Program group B. Could be a way out of this if clearing the programs/schedule and power reset fails.

Maybe post screenshots of your Schedule screens and also identify your automation equipment (iAqualink?, what remote, etc).

Also, let us know the recent history. Was it working fine until some recent event?
What changes have you recently made to the programming?

Can you describe what is going wrong in more detail?

This is old thread, but in case someone is looking. I ran into the same issue. When trying to edit the schedule, I hit delete on one of the schedules, and the list gos bonkers. I get about 5 entries of phantom schedules, and no matter how many times I hit delete it did nothing. Still with a list of phantom schedules.
What I did next was to turn power on and off to the un jandy unit, DID NOT RESET MEMORY.
Then I went back inyto schedule and the same list of phantom scheduels was there.
I then hit "NEW", and lo and behold the list of phatom schedules disappeared and I was left with my original list (minus the one I had deleted). I was then able to add a new schedule no problem

So it seems that the problem might be on the web interfaces or something (that is what i used)>

OK, necro time again.

This has plagued me for years and the only voodoo that has worked in the past has been to clear memory and re-do everything. But today even that wasn't working.

But after playing around for hours, I NOW HAVE THE SOLUTION.

Do
NOT enter any One-Touch entries in the schedule. If you need them, just put in the components that make it up instead.

OK, necro time again.

This has plagued me for years and the only voodoo that has worked in the past has been to clear memory and re-do everything. But today even that wasn't working.

But after playing around for hours, I NOW HAVE THE SOLUTION.

Do
NOT enter any One-Touch entries in the schedule. If you need them, just put in the components that make it up instead.
Please share your solution details and steps! I have three programs in Program A. I tried to delete them all (I had ~8 activities scheduled) but the first three could not be deleted. These three continue to start and stop as programmed. I cannot change start/stop times and run dates, cannot delete them, cannot replace them. I can operate everything manually from the controller, the indoor wall remote controller, and from iAqualink. I have 4 OneTouch entries and they all work fine (manual on and off).

Anyone have any updates for these issues? I've been seeing them on/off with both schedules over the past month. When I go into either schedule now, it just locks up the web interface. It will come backup in about 3 minutes, but it's a never ending circle.

I tried flipping the breaker off for a couple of minutes, but it didn't help.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.