Black algae on ladder?

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm taking apart a pool, and moving it to my house. Today I pull the ladder out of the water, and it was pretty nasty looking. Didn't look that bad in the water, but then again the water wasn't exactly crystal clear. Then, I find a bottle under the bench on the deck that said, "Black Algae Algaecide" Didn't read the ingredients, as I didn't really care... won't be using it.

When I got the ladder home, it seemed to look even nastier. Plus there's some sort of bluish green stain on it where the water line would've been. The ladder isn't going back into the water until next year. I'll be cleaning it with a dilute solution of bleach, but I won't be able to get inside the ladder.

Does algae "Hybernate" per se? I'm sure there's a technical term for it, but if you take algae out of water, does it die, or does it just go to sleep until water hits it again?

Here's what the ladder looks like.

pool10.jpg

Ok, thanks mom! Wasn't sure what black algae looks like (Hopefully I never find out), and that bottle I found was messin' with my mind. I'll just clean the ladder up.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.