Dry Cleaning Business

No, but I once had to do some repairs on a really old Wascator dry cleaning machine. It had a two speed motor and a capacitor based single-phase to three-phase conversion control system with this weird reversing relay setup...

Oh. Sorry... I went away for a minute there.

My friend has a Dry Cleaners that has been around for 60years. Less and less people are getting things dry cleaned. Fewer and fewer people are wearing suits. A lot of the material is wash and wear, people stay away from dry clean only products. To help make ends meet he has had to get into the linen business also. Cleaning for resorts and restraurants,renting for wedding and parties.

Thats the trend in our town of 65,000. People just don't seem to want to pay the price for dry cleaning. Could be different elsewhere.

We use dry cleaners quite a bit so here is the customers side.
We will only deal with cleaners that keep clothes on site. The place that seems to always be super busy is the $1.95 each for anything, cash only in advance, in by 9 out by 4. That's where we go and they even have coupons, can't beat em.

Personally, I would not consider a business that was so labor intensive that I could not move off shore. It's getting too expensive to have employees anymore, not to mention they tend to steal from you. Also, think of a business that you do not have to be there to always unlock a door to make money, I went for years without a vacation because of that, never again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.