Need help closing.

Jun 13, 2009
Hello everyone. I have some questions about closing...every year before now we have just went to our pool store. They hand us what we need, we do it with no problems. Is that still okay to do that again this year? We haven't needed to buy chemicals from them since we finally got the hang of this (Kinda, at least I think we have). I've read on Pool School "How to Close Pool". I've also read the temp needs to stay at 60, I'll be sure to check that soon. I just removed the solar cover to help. It's been cooler here at night and we haven't been in it for a few weeks. I'm over it for the year! We're shooting to try to close this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

What does the pool store hand you ? You would do the same as you normally have done in past years except this year just bring your pool to shock level with bleach. Depending on your climate its best to wait until the water cools to below 55 degrees (i think) so no more algae will go before you shock then close as you would normally do.
There is an article in Pool School that tells you about "How to close/winterize your AG pool" you may want to read.

I used to go to the pool stealer and buy a 'winterizing kit' for $50. Once I found TFP and read the ingredients, I realized I don't need it.

Last two winters I've just shocked and covered. Opened both times to crystal clear water with FC residual. YOu can use PQ 60 if you want.

Thanks guys! That's exactly what we're gonna try to do this year. I've kept it at Shock level pretty much all week and it held overnight the first night. So we're putting the cover on today. It just seemed too easy. We'll see next year :lol: . Worst case we'll just shock it again when we open it, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.