Direction of 2 return jets during springtime with trees shedding...

Lynnster52

Apr 29, 2018
Cos Cob CT
Joined TPP April, attended PS, bought test kit, switched from tri-chor to bleach, & use PoolMath, when needed. Did a successful SLAM. I've learned much!

My question concerns return jet flow during spring when trees are shedding, and then after when shedding stops..

Our 2 returns (deep and shallow ends) are directed across the surface to direct the stuff into the skimmer. (right now we have to empty basket at least 2x/day) The skimmer is on side wall (9 o'clock position). Both jets are directed counterclockwise to get fallout into skimmer; this is how we've rolled for 28 years of owning this pool.

However, I read here today that strong circulation is key (with deeper pools) to maintain uniform balance of chlorine. It dawned on me that having both jets pointing up might be something to ask about here. So, once the trees stop shedding (basket has to be dumped 2x/day right now), should jets then be directed towards the bottom? Or partially downward? Or one up & the other down?

I'd like to know how others direct each jet when they have 2 of them. Tks!

Lynn in Cos Cob, CT

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.