No lights / power on IC20

LWS99

May 26, 2018
Gainesville, FL
Hi all,
I have a IC20 Intellichlor salt system. I'd estimate it's about 3 or so years old. A few months ago, it stopped powering on. Nothing lights up on the salt cell itself.

Things I've tried so far:
  • Replaced the fuse on the power supply box - I can confirm the green light is lit on the box when powered on.
  • Cleaned/flushed the salt cell
  • Took the salt cell into my pool store and they plugged into their power supply and still no power.

Does anyone have any other troubleshooting tips I can try before replacing? I'd really like to see if there's any chance to repair before dropping the money on a new one :)

Thank you!

lw,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your "Where did all my green lights go?" questions... :shark:

Sorry, but other than the Flow Switch there are no replaceable parts on the Intellichlor.. :(

Since it did not light up at the pool store, I would have to assume the cell is now dead...

Unless you have a pool that is 10,000 gallons or less, the IC20 is really to small for your pool. We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the volume of your pool.

Sorry for the bad news, but thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks for the info Jim!
Yea, figured it might be dead, but before getting a new one was trying to find any last ditch effort to save it :)

I was thinking about the IC40 and if the recommendation is 2x volume, then maybe that is the better fit. do you happen to know are the power supply units generally able to be used with ic20/ic40 or would i need to get a new power box as well if i went that route ?

Thank you!

Power supply is the same for the IC20/40/60.

Just need the cell.

What volume is your pool?

In Florida, I would get the IC40.

You probably used up the life in your previous IC20. Not much cost difference between the two.

lws,

12K is not too bad.... If you go IC40 you should be able to run at a lower output or for less time.

How long were you running the pump and what output percentage were you having to use in the middle of the summer. Also if you pool is inside an enclosure it will reduce your chlorine demand.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,
The pump runs for about 8 hours, and the percentage on the IC20 was 100% last summer. When I got my water tested, the chorine levels were at the just normal level. Yes, I am in a screen enclosure and have a good bit of shade throughout the day.

On a side note, do you all have any recommended sites / shops for cell purchases?

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.