Need to order test kit...What else? Numbers Bad

dmj4

Jul 22, 2009
I am planning to order the tfp100 test kit. What else should I get? We just installed a SWG, so I probably need the salt test strips.

According to the pool store and before the SWG, this was our last test:
0 chlorine,
PH 8,
Alk 160,
Calcium 190,
acid 5, and
some phosphate
New SWG is showing 2700 to 2800, we have more salt ordered.

I have added 2 gallons of bleach 3 different times.

The TF100 and salt test strips are both a great idea. You might want to think about getting a bottle of borate test strips at the same time, if there is any chance you will want to end up adding borates. Ordering them now will save on shipping later if you do end up wanting them.

You need to bring the PH down to a more reasonable level. Muriatic acid is the best thing to use for that. You can find it at most hardware stores. Your TA is somewhat high. As long as the TA is high, the PH will keep rising. Depending on how annoying the constant PH increases are, you may want to lower your TA.

Nevermind they were in with the refill page

I don't see where to click and order Borate Strips on the shopping site. I did see the test kit and the salt strips.
Thanks,
Donna

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.