New VS pump with iPhone control

guyp

May 22, 2018
San Jose, CA
Hi Guys,
I would like to get new VS pump (~$1250) to save electricity.
One place commandeered intelliflo vsf
I thought, If I'm buying new one , I was thinking on the option to control it from my Phone.
I do not have other item to control AKA "Automation", just the ability to control the pump especially if we are out of home.
so the other place suggested Jandy epump , with the wifi option : Jandy IQPUMP01[FONT=Amazon Ember, Arial, sans-serif] (Amazon $78)[/FONT]

My first priority is the pump , than the wifi control option. and install by prof ( to get the full warranty :) )
[FONT=&quot]is there any other options for pumps , for control ( just to control the pump) ?
[/FONT]
Thanks
Guy

Welcome to TFP!

If you have no automation to begin with then you have all the VS pump options to choose from. The Intelliflo is a great pump loved by all that use it but you have pointed out a very expensive CON and I don't see pentair offering a simple solution any time soon.

Actually most of the big name brands really want you to spend the money on a full blown automation to control their VS pumps. So I can't really fault Pentair for that one... yet.

Thats the first I've seen of that option for the Jandy pumps and I think it looks pretty darn slick. There are a number of people who are looking for a device just like that one.

If I were you I would go with the Jandy option. There's nothing wrong with their pumps or electronics. They make nice stuff you should be happy with your purchase if you choose to go with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.