Looking for adjustable pool inlet nozzle...Intex...15'x48".

My wife and I have the Intex B15' x 48" model pool. We're using the Krystal Clear Model 633T Filter Pump, which I realize is oversized for this size pool, but sure keeps the water clear. I'm wondering if there is an adjustable inlet nozzle that will fit the male threads on the inside wall of this model pool. Intex sells an adjustable inlet nozzle for 18' diameter pools, and larger, but I suspect it is a larger diameter than what I need...part #11074. Maybe an after market brand? Thanks.

Re: Looking for adjustable pool inlet nozzle...Intex...15'x48".

The best thing you can do is to get a Hayward Dyna-Skim, which will come with a Hayward adjustable return eyeball and a vacuum adapter plate as well. You'll have to cut out the existing return port to fit the 1.5" Hayward, but that won't be any big deal to you after you've already cut the huge hole in the wall of your brand new pool for the skimmer. [emoji12]

temporary_zpsvesmqnuc.jpg

I did this very thing in this thread: Dimension at the ground for Intex 16' Ultra frame pool.

It really is a nice upgrade. You'll have to stack an extra washer to the Intex hose or valve that attaches to the Hayward eyeball to keep it from leaking. But other than that, it's easy peasy.

You are still working with the 1.25” fittings? Unfortunately, I have never seen an adjustable nozzle for the smaller fittings.

Yep, that's the situation. I guess I'd have to cut out both inlet and outlet pieces that are built into the pool, replace with larger diameter ones, replace the hoses...What a pain.
It really only takes a minute. No longer than it would take you to draw a circle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.