New Pool Build in Fulshear - Houston TX Area

Finally a few days of sun in the past week has allowed some progress. Most of the tile/stone work is done. Just some touchups here and there and most of the grouting hasn't been done yet, tomorrow hopefully. But here's how it's looking...

E5xRaie.jpeg

D0coW2K.jpeg

It turns out it doesn't look so great up close, I don't have any other pics at the moment. They installed it by using as much of the 12x12 sheet as possible, then cut thin angled V's to go between those larger sheets. It doesn't look cohesive, looks very patch work.

Can someone explain the general methods for installing rolled edge tile so I can be a bit more specific with my PB? Seems like installing it in 1" strips row by row would be an effective method, but curious what the standard is for achieving a consistent look / pattern. Thanks again!

You are correct. They installed them incorrectly. They should be installed one row at a time (or said another way, independently) all the way around. The top row is a larger diameter circle so there needs to be more tiles in the upper rows. The tiles should not/will not align vertically. Here is a picture of one done properly. That's a redo in my book.

Here is an example of the disjointed layout, there's a seam like this every foot. Except for the first 3 feet of the circumference where they did it in in a different way with no seam. The picture at the bottom is what I would like it to look like.

Tc3T7CY.jpg

PMc2Pgy.jpg

PcFUtmK.jpg

You are correct. Just tell them and let us know the PB's response.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
UGH... Seems like your PB just used his regular workers to apply decorative tiles, instead of hiring a proper tiling sub... That's what happened with me. After I complained about the initial quality, PB hired a tiler. Maybe you have the same PB as me...

This goes to the importance of naming standards Tile council, apsp, and ansi in contracts.

Acceptable is subjective, barring failures.

Glass tile should also be specced T contract signing and construction with a successful glass install in mind.

Switching to glass at the last minute as a feature or upgrade, is always a recipe for failure.

I hope your PB makes it right, as having a rolled edge on the spa is great and nice and comfy to lean back on as you soak up the heat and relax. Here’s a picture of ours completed in south houston a year ago.

ab18613eaa73c69ebd5d861f4588f311.jpg

17.7k gal, 98 ft perimeter, IG quartz, 3HP EcoStar VSP, 1.5HP TriStar Dual Speed, 725 sq ft SwimClear Cartridge, Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount clear O3, Pro Logic controller, 500k BTU heater, AquaVac 500, Spillover Spa, 3 sheer waterfalls, 3 bubblers.

Progress has been pretty slow. In the last two weeks they've managed to install some of the deck drain and frame in about half the concrete patio area. The weather has been good so not sure what the delays are, I assume the PB is just prioritizing other jobs.

I have a question about the equipment pad, is there any area in there to install a SWCG? I understand it has to be after filters and heater. Didn't know if someone maybe sees an obvious spot to splice one in.

N4AFY17.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.