Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build in Fulshear - Houston TX Area

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: New Pool Build in Fulshear - Houston TX Area

We had a visit to the builders tile supplier and made what I think are our final picks. We're looking at doing:

A grey/blue 1x2 tile for the waterline
    A 1x1 glass for the rolled edge spa
    A silver travertine coping
    And a very light split face 2x4 stone for the wall / spa surround

As for the pool surface we're going with Aqua White for the main color and Stone Pearl as a contrast on the sundeck, benches and spa.

Pics below.

We also had the excavation crew back out today to bring and compact more backfill for our hill. It's almost there, it looks like they need one more truck of dirt to finish near the deep end.

Since my last post we had 4 trees removed, which I HATED to do, I loved the shade and privacy of those trees. If you scroll up you can see our yard before we got started. Anyway I fully intend to plant a tree in our yard for each one we took out.

I've also ordered several of the items recommended on the TFP website, skimmer saver, whale brush, the electronic stirrer, etc.

Tomorrow is our last day of watering the shell, day 10, so happy about that as well. I think that's it for now, thanks for reading along! Here come the pics...

20,000 gallon ingound pool/spa, gunite with pebble, Hayward 4030 catridge filter, Hayward tri-star variable speed pumps, 400k BTU heater. Build in progress as of August 2018. TF-100 Test Kit. My pool build thread.

2. Back To Top    #22

Oh my! I LOVE those colors together! That is going to look rich! Good picks!

Now lets talk about the grout and mortar. The mortar for the 1x1 glass tiles will be very important as it can change the look of the tile. Get some paint chips in white, off white, light gray and lay the tile on top of them outside by the pool area and see which one you like the best.

For the grout they should have grout sticks that shows the different colors of grout. I am thinking a light or medium gray would work best but see what you think and let us know.

What are you going to put on that area at the back of the pool after the dirt work is done?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #23

That’s a really nice combination you’ve put together there!

4. Back To Top    #24

Nice look. I like the grey and silver combination. I agree with Kim....rich looking.
    Lonnie ~ IG, 14 x 26 rectangular w/Dog shelf; NPT QuartzScapes Super Blue; 36" waterfall, approx 11K gallons; Seating ledges; Depth 4-7 ft. Hayward Tri-Star VS pump, 525sf cartridge filter, T-15 SWCG, AutoFill PoolMiser, "Flipper" S300, Jandy valves; Salt finish concrete decking; TF100 & K-1766, Speedstir, PoolMath App....All I need now is water :)

5. Back To Top    #25

Love the colours you have chosen! Itís going to look very crisp and modern.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

6. Back To Top    #26

Well crud, the PB says that Silver Travertine is an upgrade from the light/tan Travertines to the tune of around $1300. Back to the drawing board!
    20,000 gallon ingound pool/spa, gunite with pebble, Hayward 4030 catridge filter, Hayward tri-star variable speed pumps, 400k BTU heater. Build in progress as of August 2018. TF-100 Test Kit. My pool build thread.

7. Back To Top    #27

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have a MAD for you!!! GURRRRRRRRR
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #28

So we decided on an alternate coping, and moved our 'silver' into the stone. Here's where we landed, we're still pretty happy with this and no upgrade fee for coping. We also had him delete the booster pump and cleaner from our deal. Now to research the robots.

9. Back To Top    #29

Those stone colors are exactly the same as mine! I am happy with my choice. I hope you guys like them. For the robot, I just got Maytronics S300 from Marina Pool in Colorado. That's where many TFP members buy robot cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by DogtownTX View Post
    So we decided on an alternate coping, and moved our 'silver' into the stone. Here's where we landed, we're still pretty happy with this and no upgrade fee for coping. We also had him delete the booster pump and cleaner from our deal. Now to research the robots.

My build thread. 40' X 17' IG gunite pool + Integrated 7' X 9' spa. Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue, Travertine coping and deck, NPT Arctic Lagoon AT083 glass waterline tiles and spillovers. All Hayward brand equipment: VS pump, 1.5 HP water feature pump, Omnilogic, SWCG 40,000 gal capacity, spa blower.

10. Back To Top    #30

Quote Originally Posted by jaymantx View Post
    Those stone colors are exactly the same as mine! I am happy with my choice. I hope you guys like them. For the robot, I just got Maytronics S300 from Marina Pool in Colorado. That's where many TFP members buy robot cleaners.
    Nice, well I like what I see in your pics so that works! And keeping the great minds think alike theme going I just called and also ordered an S300 from Marina. They said it would do everything I needed it to. And it cost exactly what I was credited for dropping the booster pump and Polaris cleaner.

11. Back To Top    #31

Was it an upgrade to have two colors on the pool surface?

12. Back To Top    #32

Quote Originally Posted by Txjole View Post
    Was it an upgrade to have two colors on the pool surface?
    My PB includes it as standard on his pools but I have no doubt I'm paying for it.

13. Back To Top    #33

That is a win for sure! Those are very pretty colors that will look well together! Then you got the robot ordered=SWEET! Of course you will have to tell us what you end up naming it!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #34

Thanks Kim! Marina doesn't mess around, ordered the S300 yesterday, delivers tomorrow. We'll definitely name it, we named our indoor robot vacuum.

I got an update from the PB saying they were going to start blocking and tiling the pool Tuesday, then doing stonework and coping for about 10 days. Are there any typical things to watch out for during this step? I'm trying to be at the house for the major work so I'll probably hang around Tuesday when they get started but after that I'll just be checking in the evenings.

15. Back To Top    #35

What tile did you pick? (too lazy to look back to see if you have posted it already LOL).

Watch how they do the corners and skimmer area. True "artist" will make these areas a non-problem...............non artists can make a mess of it

Kim

16. Back To Top    #36

Any new pictures of the pool? Your design is very similar to ours and I am curious to see how it is coming along.

17. Back To Top    #37

I'll have some new pics soon, they've been real slow going with all this constant rain we've been getting. They've built the back wall and are doing the water line tile today.

18. Back To Top    #38

I don’t think this rain is ever going to stop!

19. Back To Top    #39

Quote Originally Posted by DogtownTX View Post
    I'll have some new pics soon, they've been real slow going with all this constant rain we've been getting. They've built the back wall and are doing the water line tile today.
    Thanks! We need the rain but of course it’s right in the middle of building. Who makes the pebble you are using?

20. Back To Top    #40

Quote Originally Posted by Matteroski View Post
    Thanks! We need the rain but of course it’s right in the middle of building. Who makes the pebble you are using?
    http://clindustries.com/pebble-pool-...stones-smooth/

I hear you on the rain, I've been telling my friends when they dug the pool they dug up a burial ground of rain dancers so now we're cursed.

The guys came out yesterday and did 90% of the water line tile, they covered it all in plastic so it won't make much of a picture right now. They're supposed to come back if the skies clear this afternoon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast