Agricultural grad Sodium bicarbonate

Jul 25, 2016
Indiana
Ok, my local feed store had 50# for $17. I picked it up while in there, what are the expert opinions. I have searched the forum and not found anything too conclusive. I know it isn't 100% as food grade, however, I with working in food/beverage regulatory industry I really am aware that often times the difference among "grades" are merely the paperwork that is filed or inspection process of which it is under.

Has anybody actually used this and what results have you had? Please no speculation......just looking for actual experience because I do know that nobody can say what remains in that additional .5%.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

I won't speculate about the product, but you're unlikely to need any if converting to TFPC. The tablets are acidic and drive pH and TA down. That will stop happening after you convert away from trichlor. I do four pools on TFPC and have used around 2 lbs of bicarb in two years, and many people here never need it at all.

What do you mean require more filtering? I will get all of the new numbers this evening after work! I do know I am getting a lot of suds/foam this year for some reason and also had a lot of dead algae floating at startup. (I think I shut down too soon and with a poor slam last winter)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.