Helping a friend with above ground pool-How 2 water drainage

fta123

Aug 28, 2009
A friend of mine is trying to build a deck around this pool...but we must first address the water drainage issue around the pool, I have an in ground, so i really don't know what to do, can anyone help???? You can see that there is a gag between the pool to the ground of about 12"....

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 341
I would try back filling around the pool with some dirt and walk on it to try to tamp it down as hard as you can. Then I would think about watering it and letting it settle for a day or so then put more dirt on the top and do the same thing again. After you are done I would put some pea gravel or 57 stone over the dirt to try to stop it running off .....

It depends upon how high you want backfill against the pool wall. My install left me with 3 feet banks around much of the pool. I didn't want that much wet soil lying against my pool wall, so I decided to widen my trench, retain the dirt with timbers, and grade the trench to drain to one end where it could exit with the surrounding terrain. I then topped with a few inches of river rock to prevent washing out. Works well and I sleep well during the wet winter/spring, not worring about standing water and a sinking pool. You don't need the timbers, but you could grade the trench so you don't have a bowl, make sure one end drains to the natural slope, and backfill with rock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.