15x30 pool repair advice

May 23, 2018
Plainfield il
Hello all. I have a 15 x 30 above ground pool that has been empty for a few years but this year I would like to use it. On one side the wall is coming out of the track I have dug out all of the mud I can see the bottom track now. I also see that the metal straps running across the pool are all slightly bowed upward. I am guessing that the uprights might have moved forward a few inches I hope this isn't the case because I have no idea how to move them back lol. Once I get the wall repaired I'm sure I can do the liner. Just not sure where to start. in the morning I plan on removing all of the weeds so it's back down to the sand. I will try to attach a YouTube video so you can see the pool. any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pool repair plainfield - YouTube

Well that gives a new meaning to a green pool! :mrgreen:

Pop the top rails off after weeding the pool bottom and set the wall back in place. You will need a few helpers because that wall is heavy! You can try to tap the side post out with a rubber mallet from inside the pool to see if you can stretch the straps back into place. I've never worked on an oval pool so my experience is next to nil but you should be able to save it. And make sure when you get more sand that you cover the straps with at least 2" of sand. I'd also recommend happy bottom too just to protect the liner. Keep us updated.

Thank you for the reply. I removed all of the weeds from the pool and pulled the wall away so I can start digging around the uprights to push them back in place. If I cannot get the wall back into the bottom track is it possible to just set the wall against the uprights..put in a cove and liner and fill with water? I could not get the uprights to move back at all even after digging for several hours...there is a ton of dirt around and behind each upright. Anyone in the chicago area or know someone in the chicago area that can help me repair this and be paid well please let me know. I just want this pool working lol. I'll try to attach a photo.
IMG_39771.jpg

You need to take the top rail and stabilizer bars off. The wall will sit in the bottom track/stabilizer bars and the top track/stabilizer bars. You can not just put that wall up against the posts n call it a day. You are looking at a total tear down n set up. It can be done. You tube above ground oval pool construction videos to get an idea of what needs done. Once you take the top rails off and remove the wall, you may find that you can maneuver the uprights a little more. Get a few buddies to help, buy beer n pizza and a bottle of Motrin for later.

Here are a couple vids to get you started on what to expect...

Do-It-Yourself Oval Above Ground Swimming Pool Installation - 1 of 2 - YouTube

Do-It-Yourself Oval Above Ground Swimming Pool Installation - 2 of 2 - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.